TRADITIONAL & BOTANICAL TOURS
Park’s guides, dressed with Cyprus's traditional uniforms, welcome visitors, treat them wine and other traditional foods and prepare them for the upcoming tours. The Traditional & Botanical Tour takes place in the gardens of as well as in the Traditional Museum and Traditional Farm House of Eleouthkia Park.
In the Botanical part of the tour, visitors walk through Eleouthkia Park's 10 marvelous gardens and learn the history behind some of the most exciting herbs and plants as well as some amazing trivia:
- Which cactus is used for the tequila production?
- What was goddess Aphrodite's favorite plant?
- What’s the philosophy behind the Japanese art of bonsai?
- What’s the medical and therapeutic use of different plants?
- What’s the plant's part in ancient history and mythology?
Nature lovers will be happy to know that all the gardens as well as each plant that’s located in the gardens, have their own, distinctive label with the botanical information.
See and touch the authentic Cyprus tradition...
Eleouthkia Park hosts the Traditional Museum. A unique folkloric museum with:
- Traditional objects and tools from Cyprus's everyday life
- Cypriot traditional uniforms
- The authentic “karkola” bed
- The traditional baskets
- The loom
- ...and many more useful information of Cyprus’s culture and tradition!
Meet the real, traditional Farm house...
Have you wondered what tools people used over a century ago for their agricultural and farming occupations? In the amazing Farm house you can find:
- The grapes wine press
- The Zivania distillery
- The flour mill
- The traditional oven
- The authentic plow
- ...and many other agricultural tools
MAKE AND TASTE YOUR OWN TRADITIONAL DISHES
Follow the guided tour and get your hands “dirty” making some of the most amazing traditional dishes with us that you can later enjoy with your food:
- Bread making in the traditional oven
- Making of traditional delicatessen (pourekia, loukoumades)
- Making of “koupepia” and “sieftalia”
- Traditional souvla preparation and skewering
CYPRUS'S DRINKS TASTING
Learn their history, explore and enjoy all of our drinks:
- Our own house wine "Eleouthkia"
- Commandaria; The first wine in the world
ENJOY RICH, DELICIOUS MEZE
Included in the package is the Park's delicious traditional meze of souvlakia, sheftalia and many more selection of traditional dishes.
PLAY TRADITIONAL GAMES
Play, enjoy and sense the traditional games such as rope pulling, ditzimi, ziziros, kattomouyia and more.
LIVE DEMONSTRATION OF CYPRUS'S TRADITIONAL OCCUPATIONS
Are you interested in the fascinating world of craftsmanship? In Eleouthkia Park we take you a journey through traditional Cyprus's occupations and teach you how basketry, pot making, grape pressing and more cultural occupations are being made.
GET A VENUE FOR YOUR PRESENTATIONS & LECTURES
Are you planning a company visit or you wish to have a presentation? At Eleouthkia Park our plug and play venues are ready to host your lecture or seminar.